Tuesday 8 October 2013

0 Maintaining Digital Perm

Well I got tired of my long straight hair I really got myself into reading so much about digital perm down from the procedureS, the aftercare as well as styling it everyday. There or quite numbers of good reviews on digi perm and each of them delivered them differently. So, each individual has different hair,I supposed.


l got my hair digital permed for about a month now. You probably think why late with this entry, it is because l am adjusting to it since Caring and maintaining  digital permed hair definitely different from other types of curls. This is not my first time getting my hair permed, been straightened and permed again and again but never had hair shorter above my shoulder. And l had digital permed hair once when I was in college back when I stayed in Labuan but, l really did not have any idea how to maintain and style them nice. Instead I only have it for like a month and for the rest of months ahead I remembered I had bad hair days everyday and people might had thought that I was so broke I cannot even afford a hair comb. But seriously I don't know. That was until I got my hair back to silky straight . Since then, my hair had been straight like for ages until I graduated. Huh, that explains monetary situations though. It seemed like straightened hair saves the pocket more. 

~~~~~~Back to the digital perm story~~~~~


The procedures took about 3 hours including preparing the hair like washing and conditioning,before chemicals were added then the hair rolled with medium sized roller and plugged with A machine that is especially invented for digital perm. I think. The hair would be washed again before Styling them with mousse and bIow dried with diffuser. Tadaa! You are out from the Saloon before you know it. Hah!


Despite what all the reviews say,that one should not wash the hair for 24-48 hours,the hairstylist told me that it's okay to wash it,but she said,"why wanna wash it right away? Your hair has been washed twice today probably thrice." That made sense to me.


 As for styling , I have to say that it is not as easy as managing the silky straight hair. You do not have to comb permed hair but, you have to style it. Make the curls bouncy and defined with products. I like to spray hair lotion from Lucido, which is formulated to make curly hair soft and bouncy, after washing my hair. But during humid day, the hair tends to become frizzy so, sometimes before I go out I would damp my hair before combing the hair with my fingers closed to each other running through the hair strand with mousse from Wella Proffesionnel that I bought from the saloon which did my perm, Patrick's Saloon in Centrepoint Kota Kinbalu.

After conditioning the hair in the shower, while the hair felt slippery I would comb it either with wide tooth comb or with my fingers. Then after the hair half dried with towel, I will partitioned the hair into sections and roll them with fingers before spraying it with the hair lotion. Next morning , the hair will have defined curls and all I need to do is the spray the lotion just to damp it, scrunch them and I am good to go out with the hair. These just take up 5-8 minutes on my morning routines so it is not that complicated to style permed hair.

Permed hair could lasted 3 months or more. The great thing about this kind of curl that it looks better by time, so when considering getting digital perms I think it is better to ask for medium size roller as the curls would loosen up by time.


That's my reviews and my shares on maintaining digital perm hair. Thinking about getting short hair but, I am still in great doubts scared if I would regret it. There is ways to get longer hair quickly now but, I am still thinking about it. How about you? Do you have certain hairstyles that you long for but, still haven't done it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your response. I really appreciate them. Have a nice day ahead!

 

All That Women Like Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates