Wednesday 9 October 2013

0 Penang's Sunday Flea Market and Old Skool Handphones.

I had to be frank that I was not all excited about going to Sunday's flea market. Steven forced me to go with him. This Sunday's flea market located at the parking lot of the City Stadium in Jalan Datu Keramat, Penang.  But, this definitely not my average any flea market. At least to me because I had no imagination beyond cheap clothes , food stalls, traditional handicraft products when it comes to flea market.

People in Peninsula Malaysia called such market as Pasar Karat and sell their items from the trunk of their vehicle usually vans and old motocars.




I guess this is ordinary view in any flea market in Asia.  Cheap and copycat branded watches are everywhere.


 And even branded football jersey... that Steven were so interested in when going to such market.


I mean , look at this. I think all of those figurines contains all the 12 Chinese zodiacs. Sorry they might not be so clear in this picture. These are made from copper. If you noticed on the ground , lower right corner of the photo, they even sell the 'stone age' 's iron!
 Interesting huh?


For snake's fan..


These are called periuk belanga  if I am not mistaken... and few copper made dishes. They can be precious for people who like to collect old stuff and put it into home's decorations. 


There were just too many things sought in this photo. I believe all of these were transported from the maroon van by the man in white.


 The only colored stuff sought in this flea market besides clothing.


Oh la la... look at what this man selling. I think he sells the most beautiful copper made stuff.


Interesting how they hang those shoes under the  canopy. 

These classic homey stuff, the kettle sold at RM20, quite cheap right for a kettle looked this errr ...fine. And the phone! I really wish that the land telephone design will go back to look like this. I feel ever victorious when pressing on those buttons to dial.


Now I know where to find spare parts for my table fan if it ever broken. The problem is , these hardly broke. The fan motors do broke more often if a fan broken.

Tell me what can you see in the above photo?


Old skool handphones for sale. Uh, even tv remotes! I can't tell you by the way if they were still functioning. These  handphones sure were nostalgic for  the human race. Reminds me of my dad's first handphone which I always felt despair of how it was so hard , almost impossible, to get connectivity to any mobile operators many years back from our home. That's unless if you lived in the town or near one. Dad's hand phone was always hanging by the window to ensure connectivity with mobile networks. It was seldom rang but, we, the children never forget to hang it there every time. I am not kidding when I say we did not know if we were expecting anyone to call. We do not have the necessity to talk to our friends like 24/7 like we do now on any given social networks we have nowadays. But we never failed to stay connected.  If you remembered these can't play mp3 songs! We had to compose some codes to play melodies in monophonic or polyphonic. If your hand phones could play polyphonic sounds, it was good enough man. That was back then.

So, going to the pasar karat  was not that bad at all. At least it bring back memories of the big and thick hand phones we used to have a decade ago. Who am I trying to kid? I saw people in the street talking to a phone that is one and a half size of their heads every now and then. Way bigger than the humble Nokia 3310.

But, how we still never missed a thing even without social networking back then leaves me in wonder. I can't recall how. Newspaper? I never read about my friends on the news nor the tv.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your response. I really appreciate them. Have a nice day ahead!

 

All That Women Like Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates