Thursday 7 February 2013

0 Pilates workout for the abs.

I weigh at 45 kg before i was pregnant with my little son. That was story of two years ago. Now i weigh at 48 kg. Errm i am not sure though about the exact number but, it supposed to be around these numbers. 

After i gave birth, i did not really care about my diet or if i ever needed to exercise to burn the extra baby fat. I was at staggering 53 kg after i gave birth. It was too heavy for me as i am quite petite person, heightened 160 cm. After my son's gave up breastfeeding, i found that i still cannot control my eating appetite. So, my tummy is still bulging from bodycon outfits like modern baju kurung and i despise mini skirts.  I only wore fluffy dresses though. I did not bought any new jeans too. Because i was confident that my metabolism got it all under control. 


Boy,boy...after 9 months, i weighed at 52 kg...! I was 7 kg away from my pre-pregnant weight. That's when i realize that i could not rely on my speedy metabolism anymore. It just does not worked like before. I do not know why, i simply looked at it as perhaps my pregnancy just messed up the whole metabolism system. Don't get me wrong because i never hate to be pregnant. In fact, the 9 months period can be said as the most wonderful days of my life apart from having Chris in my world now. 

I came up with an intervention. I know that i would be too lazy for any outdoor exercises. But, there are plenty to do even indoors. Practising yoga or pilates are most popular. Yoga is too peaceful for me and not challenging enough for my cardio so , i choose to do pilates. Pilates got many moves that are especially targeting to tone specific body parts. So, i focused on the abdomen's workouts. Because the only thing that i hate on my body is the bulging tummy. I hate it because it is the ultimate wardrobe malfunction. Pilates not only enhance on toning the body but also it allows you to practise breathing. Like yoga too, breathing rhythm has effects on how you do each moves on the workout.

The abdomen workouts have many moves but, i only picked out the ones giving the ultimate punch and stresses to the tummy. 

The first one is , The 100. What you do is to Lie flat on your back and bring your knees into your chest making sure that the lower back is pressing into the floor. Keep your palms facing down and lift your head and shoulders up off the mat. Take your arms straight down by your side, palms facing down. Straighten your legs to a 45-degree angle (above), rotating your legs open from the hip and squeezing your legs and heels together. If you have a bad back, bend your knees a little. Breathe in through your nose for a count of five then out through your nose for a count of five until you reach 100. As you're breathing, pump your arms up and down 100 times keeping them next to your body and parallel to the floor.

My favorite one is the Single Leg Stretches,probably because it is the easiest. what you do is to lie flat on your back bending your left knee into the chest and lifting your right leg up to a 45-degree angle. Lift your head and shoulders up off the mat. Take your left hand to your right ankle and your right hand on top of your left knee (above). Tug the bent knee twice when it comes in and then switch hands and legs. Count 1-2 then switch so it's fast and controlled with your tummy pulled into your lower back. You might want to do 10 reps as a start,butyou can always increase it to 20 reps when you get used to it.

The hardest i thought it would be the Criss Cross but, this definitely give that punch and it really gives you the line in the middle of your abs. Ain't it what we dream of ? You start as lying on the floor. Your hands go behind your head with one hand on top of the other, elbows open, shoulders down. Lift your head and shoulders up off the mat as your left knee comes into your chest and your right leg is extended out at a 45-degree angle. Twist in your waist taking your right elbow towards your left knee (above). Remember to twist from the waist rather than just moving your elbow towards your knee. As you twist to one side, hold the position for three counts then switch to the other side for three counts. Do 10 reps.

Then, the roll up. what you do here is just getting up to sit from lying down position. Breath in as you get up,then exhale when you go back lying.There are few workout moves to end the sessions as the counter flexion but, my favorites is The Swan where you will start from lying face downward. Then, inhale as you pull your torso up,feel your belly button getting off the floor until finally your backbone end feIt pressed down to the floor. Exhale as you go back to initial position. You may repeat it until 5.

It is not like we must go out doors to exercise. There are plenty of workouts that is best done indoors too.And, of course there are many ways to get a toned abs. Apart from doing pilates, i watched my diet too. I did not cut out meals. But, i control the amount of it. I try to have as healthy breakfast as possible , big lunch for the energy kicks and light meals for dinner. I do not want to risk gastrititis, because though it does get better with some medications and milk, the one thing that i cannot bear is stomachache. 

I hope you find this entry useful as a guide towards better physical and health.. Let's have a fabulous body for the sake of the health!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your response. I really appreciate them. Have a nice day ahead!

 

All That Women Like Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates